A THC project

This forum is intended for those who would like to discuss anything to do with hunting

Moderators: AnnonyMouse, admin, Mike in CT, itshot

Forum rules
The Hunters Campfire discussion forums are PRIVATELY owned and operated. Requests to be given member access to post and participate are at the sole discretion of the forum administrators, and NOT a right. Forum administrators may grant, deny, or revoke forum access for any reason as desired. In cases where forum access is denied or revoked no explanation by forum administrators will be required. This must be understood and accepted prior to registering for forum access.
AnnonyMouse
Site Admin

A THC project

Post by AnnonyMouse »

Back when we were breeding and training horses, we had a demonstration of horse archery at one of the MI bowhunting venues. I was so impressed, I spent time with my mare and trained her so I could shoot from her back. Initially, she was spooked by the sound of the bowstring, but we got so I could shoot from her back. I had dreams of hunting deer from her in our back pastures as the deer were never bothered by our horses (another story). Unfortunately, those dreams never came to pass.

Saw this today while blog jogging and thought this is just the kind of project that one of our members might want to put some effort into...especially if they had a small engine laying around. :lol: :shock: 8-)

"Without geometry, life is pointless."

itshot
Site Admin

Re: A THC project

Post by itshot »

:lol:
better have a stack of old mattresses for a landing pad!

Two Feathers

Post by Two Feathers »

I've shot a gun on horse back once. He more than spooked, he came unglued. My father in law did a lot of shooting on horse back when doing wild west shows. Horses get used to used it. I thought about trying to shoot my bow horseback but decided it was a bad idea. I would get hurt.

JTV

Post by JTV »

one of those 'here hold my beer' moments ..
"Liberalism IS a Mental Disorder"

Two Feathers

Post by Two Feathers »

I came across this today and thought of this thread.

Women Horseback Archers...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDDvSRCVq_g

itshot
Site Admin

Post by itshot »

very cool, amazing stability!