An interesting deer story

This forum is intended for those who would like to discuss anything to do with hunting

Moderators: AnnonyMouse, admin, Mike in CT, itshot

Forum rules
The Hunters Campfire discussion forums are PRIVATELY owned and operated. Requests to be given member access to post and participate are at the sole discretion of the forum administrators, and NOT a right. Forum administrators may grant, deny, or revoke forum access for any reason as desired. In cases where forum access is denied or revoked no explanation by forum administrators will be required. This must be understood and accepted prior to registering for forum access.
HA/KS

An interesting deer story

Post by HA/KS »

Interesting deer science or biology question

The Mysterious Adventure of an Exceptional Buck

"Why did a 3½-year-old Missouri buck take off during the peak of the rut and truck rapidly across an entire state during hunting season? That’s what Dr. Remington Moll of the University of New Hampshire tried to learn by analyzing all the data collected on the buck’s GPS tracking collar."
abow.jpg
abow.jpg (122.11 KiB) Viewed 44 times

https://www.deerassociation.com/the-mys ... ional-buck

JTV

Re: An interesting deer story

Post by JTV »

he's a traveler ... recently a collared coyote was trapped in NW Indiana, it originated in NW Illinois (Carrol county I believe).... it also was a traveler.... we have had 2 bears also come in to Northern/NWIndiana from Michigan, one was road killed, the other was shot by Mich. DNR when it went back as it became a pest raiding garbage cans and it was showing no fea of human ... we also now have Bobcats in NW Indiana, well, I should say they have been around since my high school days, but are now being seen more readily and my buddy trapped one last season when he was coyote trapping, the DNR came out, took pics and released it .... it is a female ..
Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg (206.06 KiB) Viewed 42 times
"Liberalism IS a Mental Disorder"