Robin Hood...

This forum is intended for those who would like to discuss anything to do with hunting

Moderators: AnnonyMouse, admin, Mike in CT, itshot

Forum rules
The Hunters Campfire discussion forums are PRIVATELY owned and operated. Requests to be given member access to post and participate are at the sole discretion of the forum administrators, and NOT a right. Forum administrators may grant, deny, or revoke forum access for any reason as desired. In cases where forum access is denied or revoked no explanation by forum administrators will be required. This must be understood and accepted prior to registering for forum access.
AnnonyMouse
Site Admin

Robin Hood...

Post by AnnonyMouse »

"Without geometry, life is pointless."

Woods Walker

Re: Robin Hood...

Post by Woods Walker »

The first Robin Hood I ever got I was thrilled with, and I still have it. After that, not so much....it ruin$ TWO arrows! :o

That's why my basement target is a 5 spot!!!

JTV

Post by JTV »

'hooding' aluminums is one thing, but carbons get expensive ... a multi spot is one way around it, I still trash arrows shooting BH's and FP's into 3D and bag targets, I try not to shoot groups per se .. I used to have a wall of 'hoods ...
"Liberalism IS a Mental Disorder"
"When 'science' cant be questioned, it is propaganda" ....

Woods Walker

Post by Woods Walker »

Me neither. I try to just pick a spot. That's more like hunting anyway. Once I can shoot outside again, I just use Judo points and shoot at leaves and shadows in my back pasture. When the Queen Anne's Lace is in bloom then I try and decapitate them. FUN!

HA/KS

Post by HA/KS »

I agree that the first one is exciting and the rest are just expensive (and a sign of bad judgment).

Two Feathers

Post by Two Feathers »

I saved all my aluminum Robin Hoods but none of the carbons. They were all shot in league.

Mint

Post by Mint »

Best Robin hood i saw was at my clubs traditional shoot. I shot a rhinehart bear target and hit the twelve ring dead center at 25 yards. I razed my buddies with me and then my friend shot and he Robin hooded my arrow. That's what i get for bragging. Of course the picture made it into the club's newsletter so i got grief for awhile.

BIGHORN

Post by BIGHORN »

I agree with shooting at a 5 spot target. I was in a league and they had many of the targets that you would have to shoot through a steel plate to hit your target. I ruined a lot of aluminum arrows at that place.