Trad Hunting/Ron LaClair

This forum is intended for those who would like to discuss anything to do with hunting

Moderators: AnnonyMouse, admin, Mike in CT, itshot

Forum rules
The Hunters Campfire discussion forums are PRIVATELY owned and operated. Requests to be given member access to post and participate are at the sole discretion of the forum administrators, and NOT a right. Forum administrators may grant, deny, or revoke forum access for any reason as desired. In cases where forum access is denied or revoked no explanation by forum administrators will be required. This must be understood and accepted prior to registering for forum access.
AnnonyMouse
Site Admin

Trad Hunting/Ron LaClair

Post by AnnonyMouse »

https://archive.org/details/ron-la-clai ... w-cd-cover

Ron LaClair "Over 75 Years Behind The Bow" audio book

I've known Ron for a number of years. Was introduced to him by Brian Cole when my son Smith was just a tot. He's been a friend and mentor and I have learned much from him. I have a number of Shrew bows...my first trad bow was a Super Shrew. Good memories...Smith and I have two sets of father/son Shrews. In fact, our first set was the only authorized Shrew Limited clone that I won in a Bowsite auction. It was made by Carl Miller (Plywood Bender) with donated materials from Ron. Even the matching knife was made.

Ron is a bear of a man with a great smile and wonderful laugh. Some of his poems and yarns can be found at the link. Enjoy.
"Without geometry, life is pointless."

Woods Walker

Re: Trad Hunting/Ron LaClair

Post by Woods Walker »

I have one of his Shawnee Hawks. It goes with me on all my hunts.

Two Feathers

Post by Two Feathers »

AnnonyMouse - One of Ron's bows was high on my list that time I hooked up with you in Kalamazoo. But there was a problem. His booth was always so busy I never got to talk with him or shoot any of his bows. My loss.

I also remember when Brian was a moderator on the BS. I still think he was the best moderator the BS had.

Semper Fi - Tom

BIGHORN

Post by BIGHORN »

I have a Trad Bow that I won in 2014. It is a custom made Pronghorn that was built by a Bowyer named Herb Meland. It's 62" 57# 28" draw. I haven't even shot it yet but I want to try it out. I have purchased some wooden arrows but that is as far as I have gotten. My son keeps asking me to give it to him. It is valued at $1,000.