Spring Scouting

This forum is intended for those who would like to discuss anything to do with hunting

Moderators: AnnonyMouse, admin, Mike in CT, itshot

Forum rules
The Hunters Campfire discussion forums are PRIVATELY owned and operated. Requests to be given member access to post and participate are at the sole discretion of the forum administrators, and NOT a right. Forum administrators may grant, deny, or revoke forum access for any reason as desired. In cases where forum access is denied or revoked no explanation by forum administrators will be required. This must be understood and accepted prior to registering for forum access.
Two Feathers

Re: Spring Scouting

Post by Two Feathers »

Walked another section of Collins Marsh yesterday and picked out an ambush site.

Two Feathers

Post by Two Feathers »

I scouted some public land along the Manitowoc River this afternoon. I did not see anything that got me excited. Did see some oaks. Had a 2 year buck in front of me last year on this property. I wonder if he got a year older?

Two Feathers

Post by Two Feathers »

I've fallen behind in my scouting. I think I'm pretty much done for the spring. Was up in the big woods first weekend on May and the road I wanted to get in on was still closed. Did have at least one bear on camera, lots of bear sign. Also some of the local deer including two bucks just starting their new growth and a lost turkey. Not sure if I had a coyote or a wolf on camera. Did some dethatching of dead stuff and put down some alfalfa seed. Think I should take my drone out and check out some of the local public land before spring is over.

Two Feathers

Post by Two Feathers »

Time flies. I can't even remember what I scouted in the spring. I should use a journal, the memory banks don't work.