Another Kansas big one

This forum is intended for those who would like to discuss anything to do with hunting

Moderators: AnnonyMouse, admin, Mike in CT, itshot

Forum rules
The Hunters Campfire discussion forums are PRIVATELY owned and operated. Requests to be given member access to post and participate are at the sole discretion of the forum administrators, and NOT a right. Forum administrators may grant, deny, or revoke forum access for any reason as desired. In cases where forum access is denied or revoked no explanation by forum administrators will be required. This must be understood and accepted prior to registering for forum access.
HA/KS

Another Kansas big one

Post by HA/KS »

A 14-year-old Kansas girl shot this monster 40-point buck

https://www.cjonline.com/sports/2020091 ... point-buck

NvaGvUp

Re: Another Kansas big one

Post by NvaGvUp »

High Fence and hormonally fed?

Hopefully not, but that buck sure looks like that was the case.

I hope I'm wrong, because that is an awesome buck if it was not high fence!!

HA/KS

Post by HA/KS »

NVA did you read the story? For one thing high fences are rare to non-existent in KS. Not sure they are even legal.

sleepyhunter

Post by sleepyhunter »

That's a once in a lifetime deer. Very nice.

HA/KS

Post by HA/KS »

Wayne Cox

"Yesterday I had the distinct honor of measuring a world class whitetail. Paslie Werth of Cimarron Kansas shot a whitetail buck on 9-6-20 during the early youth season with a rifle. This buck was no fluke that just happened to walk by. He was killed on the family farm. The family had known about this buck an was watching him for the last three years, deciding to let him walk an see what he might grow into. Well that was the right decision an the buck really put on the growth.

To put in perspective what this young 14 year old girl has done let me break it down. In the current Buckmasters Trophy Records Book in the "Irregular Category" Paslie has broke the current Kansas record held by a woman for killing a buck which was Jamie Remmers, an so now she has the largest buck ever killed in the state of Kansas by a woman, she has now the 4th largest buck in the state of Kansas killed by a rifle by anyone, she has now the 6th largest buck in the state killed by "any weapon".

An to top that off she has the 11th largest Irregular buck killed by a rifle in the WORLD. All this for a wonderful young lady at the tender age of 14. Congratulations to a delightful young lady that I had the pleasure of getting to meet with her an her family an hearing her story. I can't wait to see an read her story in the February issue of Rack magazine.

Paslie Werth ~ 9-6-2020 ~
Kiowa, Kansas
Rifle ~ 42 Points ~ Irregular
Total Inches: 266-2/8 ~ BTR Score: 283-0/8"