Time for a good news thread!

This forum is intended for all other conversation that does not apply anywhere else.

Moderators: AnnonyMouse, admin, Mike in CT, itshot

Forum rules
The Hunters Campfire discussion forums are PRIVATELY owned and operated. Requests to be given member access to post and participate are at the sole discretion of the forum administrators, and NOT a right. Forum administrators may grant, deny, or revoke forum access for any reason as desired. In cases where forum access is denied or revoked no explanation by forum administrators will be required. This must be understood and accepted prior to registering for forum access.
AnnonyMouse
Site Admin

Re: Time for a good news thread!

Post by AnnonyMouse »

"Without geometry, life is pointless."
"Fishing should be so easy..."

HA/KS

Post by HA/KS »

Something neat happened to Debby and I yesterday, We are taking a short vacation to celebrate my birthday tomorrow. We are in Nebraska and were walking in a beautiful city park with some great waterworks including a cement stream that was built as part of a WPA project.

We met a young couple that have only been married for a couple of years and we really hit it off. After chatting for a while she looked at him and said "Should we tell them?" He consented so she told us that they just found out that they are expecting, That might not be that big of a deal except that we are the first people that they have told. This baby would be the first grandbaby on either side of the family and they haven't even told the grandparents yet.

Debby and I love babies and admire young couples who do things right so we felt extremely honored to be brought into their confidence. The funny thing is that when she looked at him, I knew immediately what they were going to tell us but had no idea that they had not yet told a soul until they told us.

AnnonyMouse
Site Admin

Post by AnnonyMouse »

Happy Birthday, Henry. Hope you had a great day.
"Without geometry, life is pointless."
"Fishing should be so easy..."

HA/KS

Post by HA/KS »

"The most deserved belt in history was given to Bridget Walker the little boy who saved his little sister from a German shepherd dog. He had 90 stitches all over his body, but saved his three-year-old sister from certain death. And had said "If anyone has to die, it would be me, I am the big brother" ❤️ 👉 The World Boxing Council 94 94 (WBC) has recognized him as a full time world champion. He has the official WBC historical record, for being the best fighter in the world for a day. 👏👏👏👏👏 total respect."
abow.jpg
abow.jpg (86.1 KiB) Viewed 49 times
abow3.jpg
abow3.jpg (99.46 KiB) Viewed 49 times
abow2.jpg
abow2.jpg (99.49 KiB) Viewed 49 times

itshot
Site Admin

Post by itshot »

what a horrific thing that young man endured..

what a guy!!!

may he heel and wear those scars as a badge of honor