Locked threads

This forum is for announcements; these can be broad announcements for informing the board members of important updates, reminders, etc and can also be used for important or significant personal announcements such as pending weddings, etc.
Forum rules
The Hunters Campfire discussion forums are PRIVATELY owned and operated. Requests to be given member access to post and participate are at the sole discretion of the forum administrators, and NOT a right. Forum administrators may grant, deny, or revoke forum access for any reason as desired. In cases where forum access is denied or revoked no explanation by forum administrators will be required. This must be understood and accepted prior to registering for forum access.
Mike in CT
Site Admin

Locked threads

Post by Mike in CT »

Some of you probably noticed over the past 24 hours that all of the COVID threads had been locked; this was an action that did involve some discussion among the Forum Moderators prior to it being taken. The reasons for the action are, in my opinion irrelevant; upon reflection I consider the action to have been a mistake and that has been rectified as of this morning.

The purpose of this site was to provide a forum that brought back the spirt and intent of the CF in its best days; a free-flowing forum where anything and everything was fair game for discussion and all views were not only welcome but encouraged. Politics by its very nature will provoke strong discussion; there's nothing wrong with this and absent abusive behavior (which was not present) it should never be discouraged and certainly never silenced. That is exactly why the "No Snowflake" logo and mindset were put in place here; we're all adults and we can all give and take with equal capacity.

To all the members and guests I do apologize for the error; it will not happen again.